Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gratefulness

Today I am grateful for...

-Big belly laughs at the dinner table,
-The way my kids wait for their Daddy to come home every day,
-The pediasure on the porch, that Michael hasn't moved because he knows me so well that without even a word he leaves it there just because I can't bare for it to be gone yet.
-The piles of nicely folded laundry in baskets ready to be put away.
-Two strong manboys that can cart the said laundry up the stairs.
-New school books delivered by the man in a brown truck, all crisp and clean (the books, not the man or the truck, tee hee),
-The little Deer family that peeks out of the woods nearly every afternoon across the street from my kitchen window,
-A husband that puts up with me staying up late when I need "peace and quiet", thanks babe,
-The neverchangingness of my God....In a world that is so ripe with constant change and upheaval, my God remains the same.

What are you grateful for today?

3 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Today I am thankful for:

* A cozy and rainy day - my favorite kind to say home and snuggle up with my little ones.
* Less on my to-do list today, so I can enjoy the above more fully!
* Electricity - may sound silly, but we've been without it several times recently and it makes me more thankful when we do have it!
* God. His Word. His love. His faithfulness. His willingness to not leave me the way I am.

Thank you, Amy - great way to start the day!

Dawn said...

*5 yr old JOhn who is learning to spell. He keeps running up to me and saying,"How about give me a H-U-G?"
*How tightly his arms squeeze my neck when I give him said H-U-G!!
*Hubby- who lets me lounge at the beach while he works in the heat all day.
*Grown-up sons who provide me with so many interesting conversations. (Just wish I could get to bed before 2:00 a.m.)
*Babies to kiss; toddlers to read to; pre-schoolers to tickle; medium sized kids to sing along with the Newsboys; big kids to work with and laugh out loud with.
* My Savior-Who makes it all possible.

Love you Amy!
Dawn

Lisar said...

I am grateful to see new life on my way to work....all the sheep are currently having their little lambs....they are just so cute

I am also grateful for new friends I am making via this world of blogging

And I am MOST grateful to my God who has allowed new friendships to develop in the most surprising ways...and who knows exactly what we need better than we do....

Lots of love, Lisa