Monday, December 21, 2009

surprises

The Littlest Petshop menagerie enjoying the warmth of the fire, on this cold and rainy December day!

I love to find these kinds of little surprises around my house. They remind me that little hands are at work, pretending, and dreaming up wonderfully imaginative stories.

I love these kinds of surprises, but not most surprises. I usually like to be prepared, and aware of what is going to happen. I like to be in the know. I don't always deal with surprises particularly well. I like to think things through, and plan, and make ready. Unfortunately life is always full of surprises. We never know what is coming around the next bend.

How about you, do you like surprises, or do you like to be in the know?

4 comments:

joyinthejourney said...

Awww! That makes me miss Liza. So cute.

I don't like most surprizes either. I've told Richard before that if he ever just wants to make me totally irritated and unhappy on my birthday to throw me a surprize party and invite LOTS of people----to my house. I even like to find out any presents I might be getting beforehand cause I'm so hard to please in that area and I can prepare myself to look pleased. Isn't that so bad??? I know it is...

Danielle said...

I love surprises! The only problem is that I always need to know what is going on and normally spoil the surprise:-(

Ginger said...

This is precious! I love surprises but seldom have them. At Christmas when I was an older child, I used to partially unwrap presents and then put them back together. My parents never knew until I told them within the last 5 years or so.

sara said...

What a cozy fire! Love the little animals lined up :)