Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back in the saddle

I haven't been scrap booking for months....first it was just a lack of time, and not really being in the mood, then after Crockett's death it was really hard. Pages about our whole family seem very incomplete without him. They are incomplete without him.
It felt good today though....to get back in the saddle....and let the creative juices flow. This is not a great picture, but it's hard to take one without a glare(anyone have any tips for that?). I just did a simple page about a recent day in the city with my niece Hannah and her family, when they were here for a visit last month.

Some days I can be very present, and just feel what is in my heart....hurt though it, and it feels right...some days.

Other days I feel outside myself, as if I am pretending that he is not gone...like it was just a bad dream, and everything is the same. Sometimes that feels right.

Today I pretended....

3 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Amy - your page turned out great, you have such a good eye for the layout and creatively presenting your treasured memories. I love Samuel's frame you made - it is hanging just above the changing table so I look at it often - thank you again!

~*~Bre~*~ said...

I'm very envious of your ability to scrapbook... your page looks amazing. I am a very creative person (I guess you have to be in order to think up fun activities to do with a classroom of 24 kiddos), but for some reason I just can't connect that creativity to scrapbook. I've tried, and my pages just aren't up to par with what I'd like them to be, and how I'd like them to look.

I haven't really had a chance to explore your page a ton yet, but I have read little tidbits about you losing Crockett. Your family is in my prayers. Losing a family member is such a hard thing to go through, and is a time when we need to feel an abundance God's presence. I'm praying for that presence for your family, and that you can feel His loving arms around you to comfort you!

Brianne

Charlotte Cushman said...

Crying.