Monday, June 2, 2008

kindred spirits

The sweet little girls were reading together during Ruby's recent visit. Haven loves to read, and is currently reading the Samantha books from the American girls series. She finished her school reading books early, so she started on the Little house book series to read out loud to me. That is our favorite part of school these days.

Recently I read The first of the Anne of green Gables books out loud during our lunch. We all LOVED that, even Kartwright, although he would never admit it.
I finished the book 90 minutes in Heaven by Don Piper last night. It was an easy read, but I'm not sure I buy all that he said. It's not that I don't believe he thinks he went to Heaven, I just don't think he really did. Someone at church thoughtfully brought it, thinking it might encourage me in my thoughts about Crockett. I don't think I could believe more strongly that Heaven really exists, and that Crockett is there, and that we his family will join him someday.

I also recently read Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon. Loved it, loved the marriage relationship portrayed, loved the vocabulary, and her ability to make the characters into people I felt like i knew personally. I am ready for a new book, something more meaty. Any suggestions? Summer reading, so good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOw cute! What sorts of books do you enjoy? What genres?

Dawn said...

Amy,
Have you read the whole Mitford series? I just love those books.

I know you like Nancy Leigh DeMoss. How about one of her books?
I am currently reading Lou Priolo's new book, How Not to be A People Pleaser.
How about a book on church history? Like one of those books with bios of different people who helped build the church?
Wouldn't it be great if we could get together over the summer and have a book club????!!!! I wish there was a good halfway point between you and me. Any ideas?

Glad to see you posting regularly again. I miss you friend!
Dawn