Wednesday, June 4, 2008



I recently spied this pillow in the window of a really cute shop in downtown Charleston Christian Michi. Love it!!!! (sang in a really sing songy high voice). This picture doesn't do it justice as I have limited photographic skills, and I was a little self conscious taking a picture of the store window, (why is it that when we are on vacation we don't mind if people think we are tourists, but when we are close to home heaven forbid..), but you can get the general idea. I believe it was hand painted on silk, and it had gorgeous tassel trim around the edge. I'm thinking about trying to copy, I mean emulate it myself, just for kicks, to see if I can outdo, or redo, or come even remotely close to its most likely extremely pricey self. In my spare time I mean, like in between laundry and grading that Biology II test....or after I put off cleaning the fridge for the third week in a row. Does anyone else hate that job?

I'm not usually like that, I mean like, so enamoured with something I see, some inanimate object, some worthless house ware that is purely ornamental, fixated on something beautiful, that I would like to possess...... no wait, yes, I am, I am exactly like that!

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! :)