Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My closet


Do you see anything strange about my closet?
(other than the boxes of pictures on the top shelves that are still taped up from our move)


Look more closely, do you see it yet?

My hangers, some of them are backwards!
I put them all backwards at the beginning of the year. Now, when I wear something I put it back the right way. The idea is, that at the end of the year anything that is still backwards has to say good-bye. If I haven't worn it in a year, then it hasn't earned the space it is taking up.



This system is doing three things. It is encouraging me to wear some things I had forgotten about, because I want to help them earn their keep. It is encouraging me to lose the weight this year so I can wear some of those items I really don't want to get rid of. And it will hopefully help me see those items that I just don't need to hold on to any longer.



Now, about all those shoes.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisar said...

What a great idea Amy...might have to try it myself...

momof3girls said...

What a great idea! I'm going to pin this post!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome idea. Something I definitely need to do!