Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kiss me I'm Irish

Apparently, way way back in the day, kissing the Blarney stone at Blarney Castle would give said kisser the ability to never be at a loss for words. That is frankly not something I see many people suffering from, but perhaps in Ireland back then, cat got your tongue was the going delema.
 
This practise now translates in modern day culture that to kiss someone of Irish descent is the next best thing. Easy jump there I guess, from a rock in Ireland, to any pretty red head where ever you happened to be.
 
While I am not a believer in 'LUCK', I am at least a little Irish, so I thought a little shamrock action in the ol' March decor was in order. I painted this little number to celebrate our Irish ancestry, and get ready for the St. Patrick's day festivities. That might include some green pancakes for breakfast, and perhaps green mashed potatoes for dinner.
Do you do anything to celebrate your ethnic heritage?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) Corned beef brisket, cabbage, and, of course, potatoes!