Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hounds tooth


So, Hounds tooth is making yet another comeback, or perhaps it is a classic. I don't really know, but I am seeing it everywhere, and I must say I LOVE it! This quilt from V and CO. actually grabbed my attention a few months back when we were waiting for sweet Ryder to arrive. I think it would be awesome for a grown-up bed too, perhaps in white and azure blue. Anyone want to make it for me?

Here is a more doable project for someone like me, a hounds tooth monogram! I saw some great big letters at the craft store just the other day that would be terrific for this project. There are some easy to follow instructions for this beauty over here, at Jilly and Mia; Girls with Good Taste.


houndstooth stencil

Ooooooohhhhhh, how about a whole hounds tooth wall? I really love this! I found this over at Cutting Edge Stencils and this stencil is called hounds tooth, how appropriate :). all the grey is wonderful, but again, any color that matches your decor would be great.


This blue and orange combo is delicious isn't it? I especially love those hounds tooth pillows, classic and timeless, all wrapped up with trendy and fresh. What more could you ask for? I found this on Pinterest,  but it comes from Kathryn Greeley designs.


 I found this great DIY tutorial for a hounds tooth light shade at A girl and a glue gun. This was a really simple project that made a really big impact in a really cute room, and I love the large scale she chose.

Houndstooth Flat-Weave Wool Rug

Last, but certainly not least, is this fun floor cover I discovered over at Garnet Hill, and they have it in Lake Blue (my personal fav.), Amber, Toffee, as well as Terra Cotta and Coffee Black. I think this would add a lot of style to almost any room.

I'm looking to add some hounds tooth to my decor soon. How about you, Do you like hounds tooth? Would you ever use it to decorate?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I have only worn hounds tooth and wishin' I kept my blazers and skirts (go 80's)! My mom always said things come back around. Should have listened!

Liking the hounds tooth rug and pillows, not sure about the walls. But loving the door hanger idea.

asnipofgoodness said...

I have only worn it as well Melissa, I have a coat that I used to get a lot of wear out of ( back when we lived where I needed one )., and some shoes once that hurt my feet :).

Danielle said...

I'm still loving the chevron pattern... but this is nice too! I love the quilt! My favorite of your finds are those blue hounds tooth pillows with the orange! NICE! I might need the pillows! (just not the orange... hubby would flip!)haha!

Danielle said...

http://findingsweetland.blogspot.com/2012/02/houndstooth-quilt-tutorial.html

a free tutorial for the quilt:-)

asnipofgoodness said...

Oh Danielle I love the chevron tool ! Maybe you should try some orange and shake him up a bit lol!

asnipofgoodness said...

Thanks Danielle !