The thought reminded me, doesn't my heavenly Father want the same for us?
His word says in the book of I peter, chapter 5 verses 6 and 7,
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you at the proper time,
casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you.
For the month of November we are playing the thankful game here on this blog, In remembering to be grateful for everything, we are encouraged, and it causes us to ponder other things we are grateful for throughout the day. It has been a wonderful exercise for me! So, please join in today, and list one, or many things you are thankful for.
Today I am grateful for:
- The heating pad that Michael puts in the bed every night so I don't freeze between those ice cold sheets
- Shiny blank calendars for 2009, reminding me that a new year will start soon
- Paint, what a wonderful invention!
- The fact that my kids enjoy being together...I pray that will always be true
- The Christmas carols playing in the stores.....I know some of you think they should wait until after Thanksgiving, but then we would only have 4 weeks of Christmas music!