Tuesday, November 11, 2008

casting my cares on Him

I want each of my children to have a carefree childhood, free from all the grown-up worries of adulthood! I want them to be aware of trouble, and pain, and taught to pray for those who are in trouble or pain, but I don't want them to live in worry. or distress, about the cares of this world.
The thought reminded me, doesn't my heavenly Father want the same for us?

His word says in the book of I peter, chapter 5 verses 6 and 7,

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you at the proper time,
casting all your anxiety on Him, because he cares for you.

For the month of November we are playing the thankful game here on this blog, In remembering to be grateful for everything, we are encouraged, and it causes us to ponder other things we are grateful for throughout the day. It has been a wonderful exercise for me! So, please join in today, and list one, or many things you are thankful for.

Today I am grateful for:
- The heating pad that Michael puts in the bed every night so I don't freeze between those ice cold sheets
- Shiny blank calendars for 2009, reminding me that a new year will start soon
- Paint, what a wonderful invention!
- The fact that my kids enjoy being together...I pray that will always be true
- The Christmas carols playing in the stores.....I know some of you think they should wait until after Thanksgiving, but then we would only have 4 weeks of Christmas music!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Amy. How appropriate your verse is for my job situation! Today I am thankful for:
*A God who is in control of my life, even if I don't always like where I am
*quiet, early mornings to languor in pjs
*the veterans who served our country proudly--Happy Veterans' Day!
*washers and dryers

Lisar said...

Today I am thankful for:
- that it is Remembrance Day and for those who have served and defended our shores and others
- the price of petrol being the lowest I have seen it in ages
- the reminder to cast our cares onto God and he will take care of us...no matter what
Hope your day is blessed...Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for every day being "new".
I am thankful for clean dishes and clean clothes.
I am thankful for a son who teaches me the bass guitar part on a song and them lets me play with him. What fun!!
I am thankful for Motrin for a child with chicken pox who doesn't feel well.
I am thankful for quiet time every day...I need it today. Dawn

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for God's protection over my home. We came home after shopping today to find a strange Silverado in my driveway with keys in ignition and dog going nuts in the backyard. Upon going through the house to the back yard, I found a young punk trying to get into my house through the back garage door. He had a coccamammy story, but I called 911. I ran back through the house and he was back over the fence in the truck screeching down the driveway. I was able to give his license plate number to the dispatcher. After the deputy came, I found out this is his M-O and he's a burglar they've been looking for.

If it had happened any other day.........

Anonymous said...

Whoooohoo! The said burglar was caught in a nearby neighborhood. We had to go ID his truck and him. Way to go, God!

Anonymous said...

BTW Amy- We started listening to our Christmas music in Oct. I love it so much...4 weeks is way too short!!
dawn

Lisar said...

Lisa again!!...I must admit, I have a Christmas CD of Michael W Smith which I have been listening to the past few weeks....so NOT like me to do that!!! But it is truly a lovely CD. It bugs me when the shops start putting Christmas stuff up straight after our Father's Day here (in September)...ridiculous!!!

Monica Wilkinson said...

I'm thankful for:
* YES! Christmas music - getting to hear God's name proclaimed in stores!! I love this time of year!
* A cooler Fall - it is so nice to wear sweaters and cozy layers!
* God's Word - His correction when I need it.
* God's protection and provision.
* My family - having a good relationship with them.

Love,
Monica