Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Looking Forward

Looking forward to this sweet potato souffle' again this year, it is yum yummy. Walmart was out of sweet potatoes today...I'll try Publix tomorrow, can't use that dreaded canned stuff for this yummyness.

More then the food, I am looking forward to seeing family. We don't get to be together nearly enough, and after this tough year, it is going to be like a drink of cool water!



What is it you are looking forward to?


Let's play the thankful game

Today I am grateful for:

- The fast relation of prayer requests, and answers, via Internet
- Serving a God who is always faithful, and never changing
- As 'Joy Cometh in the Morning' said, food on the table, gas in the car, and a roof over our heads
- A tax refund, woo hoo
- Cheerful people that waited on me yesterday when I was on my errands

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for:
1. a God is who gives second, third, fourth chances
2. a Bible-believin' and preachin' church
3. an empty page and a brand new pen to fill it
4. family traditions and memories
5. my 3 year old boy who says things like, "mom... I fink I need a widdle more wip gwoss" (translation: he needs chapstick but has been influenced by his 5 year old sister's obessession with lip gloss).
Kelly McD.

Michele said...

Today's thankful list:
-technology that lets me communicate with far-away loved ones and see their photos
-a husband who supports my "projects"
-coffee and the auto-timer thingy on my coffeemaker
-a daughter who loves kids
-an I-don't-have-to-leave-the-house day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for:
*5 days off
*internet connections
*to be alive
*advances in medicine
*prayer

Joy Cometh in the Morning said...

Today I am thankful that the first born boy, um man, um soldier has purchased a plane ticket finally!

also for beautiful weather

Extremely grateful and thankful and blessed by friends who pray for me.

Charlotte Cushman said...

Thankful for Tylenol PM.
Thankful for a husband who has days off during the week.
Thankful for grubby sweet smiles.
Thankful for friends who bring baked ziti for no reason.
Thankful for God meeting me right where I am.

Lisar said...

Today I am thankful for;
- a beautiful sunny Yarra Valley day
- A job which brings many rewards and blessings in the people I come in contact with
- The Lord's ever so gentle but firm rebukes over sin and things which are displeasing to him

Hattie said...

I am thankful for: Finding your blog this morning. My first time. I feel we are kindred spirits. Wish I had that sweet potato recipe for tomorrow's dinner! Have the sweet potatoes (not that canned stuff, either!) Have not decided on a recipe.
Your blog will definitely be on my favorites list!