Saturday, November 22, 2008

For the month of November , I have been making a list daily, of the things I am grateful for. It has not only been encouraging, but also enlightening. It has made me more grateful overall, as I have been more thoughtful and contemplative about my life, and all that I have that is good. It has also been great to hear from others, and what it is they are grateful for.

so here we go........

Today I am grateful for:

- Christian music
- My cheap little faithful sewing machine
- E-mail, so much better then the old fashioned phone!
- Rosy cheeked little kids, who smell like outside
- My freshly organized pantry, ready for all the holiday ingredients to arrive.

What is it that you are grateful for today? Please share!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Today I am thankful for...
-this blog and the challenge to focus on gratitude.
-a Saturday shopping trip with my daughter!!!
-the "personal-ness of God", that He wants to be involved in my life.

Anonymous said...

Today, I am thankful for:
~~the Word upon which to stand
~~Christmas videos
~~electric blankets
~~CVS deals
~~a paid off car

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the simple things that leave lasting memories.
Last night, Andy built a small bonfire outside for the kids. My parents came over, and we all roasted hot dogs. The kids played hide and seek and freeze tag in the freezing cold and dark. The grown-ups stayed huddled around the fire and held the little ones.
love the fact that it takes so little to make our kids memories that will last a lifetime. And I am thankful for a man who makes it happen on a regular basis.
Dawn

Joy Cometh in the Morning said...

I have kind of fizzled out of the thankful game so, I will attempt to jump back in.
1. thankful for a husband that is passionate about what he believes(even though his debates exhaust me)
2. thakful that my husband knows how to make me smile
3. thankful for food on the table
4. gas in the car
5. roof over our head
Wow, that is the first time I did five!!
Very cute camera case, by the way!