Sunday, November 30, 2008

Change your Mindset


This is the last day of November, and thus, the last day for our thankfulness game. I want to thank all that have participated in my little experiment. I have loved hearing what you are grateful for, and I have been greatly encouraged by all you have shared! The lists I have posted each day have been a helpful reminder of all I have to be grateful for, and listing them has served to set my thoughts on things above, and not on things of this earth. All that we have, has been given to us by our beloved Lord and Savior, as our Bibles tell us that "every good and perfect gift comes from above". Each of us, no matter our circumstances, can find things that we count as blessings in our lives, and to dwell on them, brings satisfaction! So although our game is coming to a close, I encourage you to continue to:


Count your blessings,

Name them one by one,

Count your many blessings, see what God has done,


and watch Him change your mindset !


So here today, on the last day of our little game, I am grateful for:

- This blog, and the encouragement it brings me

- Those who have visited, and expressed their thankfulness

- The ability (given by God) to count my blessings in the midst of heartache

- The mindset change

- The fact that a month of writing down the things I am thankful for, doesn't even scratch the surface!

What is it you are grateful for?

2 comments:

Lisar said...

Thank you Amy for reminding us to proclaim our thankfulness this past month...it has been such a blessing for me.
I am so thankful today for this scripture: "...that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6)
-that it is through Christ alone that we are saved and promised eternal life with him
-that he helps us to change our mindset when our eyes are set upon him, not on ourselves

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for:
~a job, in spite of the stresses and darkness that abounds there
(makes me stay focused on the One Above)
~working only 14 days in December
~the provision that God has always made to keep me working through 6 months of chemo as well as "extra" days during intersession and summer school as well==without Him I would have dropped
~a sleeping son who is much taller than I (who isn't?) and can now do things for me like reach things, fix things, etc...
~pumpkin spice coffee and all the other great flavors out there

P.S. Amy, I hope this means you won't stop your regular blogging. You are such an encouragement.